Tuesday, March 29, 2011

i love vegan cooking.

Amy Fun Fact: I love cooking.
As you may or may not know, I'm a vegan. (but not one of those vegans who makes sure everyone knows about it and squeals at hearing someone talking about dead animals.)
I became a vegan about 6 months ago because I found out that I've been cursed with lactose intolerance. I became a vegetarian on October 1st 2006. I've never really fancied the slaughtering of animals so that's why I made the choice to become a vegetarian in sixth grade.
Well, enough about myself. Lets move on to the food! Yay!

So today when I got home from school I was bored and hungry. A great combination, you get to cure your boredom with looking for food. I was searching through my freezer when I came across brown rice and some frozen corn. This gave me an idea. I pulled out carrots, sugar snap peas, teriyaki sauce, cinnamon (I often add a little dash of cinnamon on stuff) and veggie grounds which is a veggie protein meatless meat. I put all the ingredients in a pan except for the rice. After about 3 minutes of cooking the mixture on high I put the rice in the microwave (thank goodness for microwaves) for 3 minutes. After it was all cooked I put one cup of the meatless meat and veggie mixture over one cup of rice.  Needless to say, it was delicious.


Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment