Tuesday, April 26, 2011

100 most influential people of 2010: Peter Vesterbacka, "Unleasher of Angry Birds"


This dude is an influence, actually his game is the real influence. And let me tell you, I don't think it's a positive one at all. Angry Birds has basically taken over the lives of a majority of teenagers. It's the top paid app on iTunes. When you type "angry" into google the suggestions all end with "birds". Hot Topic is even carrying Angry Birds tee shirts featuring the birds. One of the shirts even reads "Dear Angry Birds, I want my life back." Students are even playing this game in class. I over heard one girl ask the boy next to her if he could pass a level for her because she always gets stuck on it.

So, sorry Peter Vesterbacka you're getting a negative influence in my book.

Amy

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you Amy!It is taking over society, I don't even think it's that fun.I think on the most influential list it should be people that have more than just making a game that is sucking out brains....

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you agree! i don't even understand the game, i've never played hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate Angry Birds, but you cannot deny it has been an influence. And unfortunately, you're right; influence can be of the negative kind. If I see this happening in my class, I'll be one angry bird ;)

    ReplyDelete